Thursday, September 27, 2012

Now What's All This About?

That could be me up there! But not yet, no habit, no vows, just a desire to do God's will and to be completely His alone. What's the hold up? Well, that's what this whole thing is about. I am currently paying off my student loans in order to join religious life, and it is slow going when your only desire is hindered by money....lame. So, God has given me this artistic talent and a great love for him and for prayer and so I wanted to share that with others. The way I see it, that's what it's for. Love, vocation, talents, yes, they are for me but they are also part of the church. 

In order for me to enter religious life I have to have all of my student loans payed off. This is a way in which you can share in my vocation. By purchasing one of my prints you can help me come closer to living in a more radical way for Him. I also like to think of it as a reminder to pray for me (often!) and a recognition that my life is devoted to praying for you, a way to share in prayer! I also chose this image very specifically because I owe my vocation as well to the love of Our Lady. She is a very loving and because of that very powerful intercessor and I could think of no better way to honor her than to make her the image on which my vocation rests. I probably have about 1000 to sell before I will be completely free, but maybe less! It is all in her hands. I also have other works that you can see and purchase on my portfolio website. Below this you can read a little more about how God has worked in my life. And below that is a little donation button if God is calling you to help in that way. May God bless and reward you for your many prayers and generosity.